Friday, August 24, 2012

Getting (& Keeping) Students' Attention (Student Teaching Summary Post 3)

Here's another short post. This one concerns things I want to implement in order to get and keep my students' attention. 

- Routine (I find the routines are ways to get people to do things without them even having to think about it. Making routines routine in my classroom should help get my students' attention because they'll be expecting me to be getting their attention)

- Wait/Have patience (Waiting silently was probably the most effective way I found last year for getting my students' attention. They knew when they needed to quiet themselves down when I was just standing there waiting for them.)

These short posts are nice to write. Quick thoughts but well worth sharing, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you're leaving something that requires a reply, I'll get to it as promptly as I can. Have a good one!